Work will still continue on my SEO campaigns but I am looking forward to the downtime for a professional refresh, not just a general refresh.
So what’s a professional refresh? For me, it’s a time where I get to go through my professional life and trim the fat – ie, analyse everything linked to me as a professional and make it work harder for me.
This isn’t about seeking a new career, it’s about giving yourself a better professional image by updating contacts, profile information and even your photo.
Since the downtime won’t involve daily calls with clients or aiming for inbox zero, this is a moment free from distraction to set yourself straight for 2012.
Here’s what’s on my professional refresh agenda – mind you, I’ll be doing it in board shorts with ice tea in hand!
1. Update Twitter – weed out profiles that no longer offer value and maybe even look at a background change!
2. Update resumé – not a lot has changed but it’s worth a review – maybe some wording change, maybe my goals/objectives have changed?
3. Update LinkedIn – give that bio a refresh (here’s a guide to avoid all the buzzwords), update work experience / skills / achievements and even the photo if possible. Find new contacts too!
4. Update my ‘online presence’ in general – this involves Googling my name and updating profiles / info about me elsewhere.
5. Finally launch a re-designed JaavedKhatree.com.au – this has been in the pipeline and my version tracking has faded away.. a new site awaits in 2012!
What’s on your professional refresh agenda?